Friday, August 5, 2011

my childhood yard

So the lull in the film work seems to finally be over, since Em J and I both got calls yesterday! But in my rather long stint of waiting, I got the chance to explore the corners of my childhood backyard in all its midsummer glory. It`s so lush here it makes me realize why I feel crazy if my Montreal bedroom isn`t filled with plants and sunshine.

 elderberry (I think)...

bleeding hearts...
peonies...

trumpet vine...

roses...

ginkgo tree...

day lily...

the pear tree has rust (a parasitic fungus) this year, but hopefully the fruit will be unscathed...

the old fish pond, turned water feature for the birds...

As a child, I had a thing for pioneers. I would dress up in gingham pinafores and knit sitting on the straw mattress in the pioneer house- this little 'log cabin' in the yard...

the lone morning glory bloom...

And, oddly enough on the same day Sam sent me a link to the discovery of the record-breaking new world`s largest fungi at 10 metres long, I found my own specimen of bracket fungi growing from the wooden arm of a deck chair...
 

Check out the new, world record breaking fungus here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/14294283!

No comments:

Post a Comment